August 26th, 2010
- [Fixed] Crasher when dragging files between tabs and windows.
- [Fixed] Crasher when merging windows.
- [Fixed] Issue where a transfers occurring between two tabs could appear as "Pending" but actually transfer.
August 22nd, 2010
- [Fixed] Largest known Flow crasher, related to connections disconnecting.
- [Fixed] Second largest known crasher, related to the tab-bar.
- [Fixed] Issue where a crash could occur when dragging bookmarks around.
- [Fixed] Issue where Flow could crash because shared machines disappeared from the network before their icon was discovered.
- [Fixed] Issue where Flow could crash when previewing a file that was modified in the editor.
- [Fixed] Issue where SFTP connections didn't report failed connections immediately.
- [Fixed] Issue where creating a new bookmark folder didn't automatically select and edit its name.
- [Fixed] Issue with pending transfers that never appear to finish.
- [Fixed] Issue where "Show Connection Transcript" did nothing while the transfers view was visible.
- [Fixed] Issue where new folders and files were created in the selected directory in list-view.
- [Fixed] Issue where some files could be "unselected" while deleting items.
- [Fixed] Issue where the selection in the local view could change because of certain key-downs in the remote view.
- [Fixed] Issues relating to file-drags between tabs.
August 18th, 2010
- [New] The tab and window title now contains the directory you're currently in, for better context with multiple tabs.
- [New/Fixed] If you don't have a base URL set, the Open URL / Copy URL functionality will now prompt you to set the base URL instead of simply being unavailable.
- [New] The info view now displays the modification time of the selected file.
- [Fixed] Drawing glitch with Flow's editor's split-view.
- [Fixed] Issue with QuickLook and multiple tabs.
- [Fixed] Issue with FTP listings and transfers with files whose name contained non-ASCII characters (i.e., German, Norwegian, etc.).
- [Fixed] Issue where base URL could not be unset.
- [Fixed] Issue where new files could not be created on S3 connections.
August 5th, 2010
- [New] Flow is now a 64-bit app.
- [Fixed] Issue where assertion failures inappropriately occurred when column-view is displayed.
- [Fixed] Issue with Flow's editor failing to open in certain contexts.
August 4th, 2010
- [New] Flow is now a 32/64-bit PowerPC/Intel quad-universal app.
- [Fixed] Issue where URLs would not be automatically copied when the initial path (and thus corresponding base-web-url) was "deeper" than the item attempting to be copied.
- [Fixed] Issue where only one item could be selected at a time when right-clicking in the remote-items views.
- [Fixed] Issue where passwords with certain special characters caused failed connections.
- [Fixed] Issue where editing a file with non-ASCII characters with Flow's editor caused character-set issues.
- [Fixed] Issue where MobileMe iDisks could not be connected to.
March 21st, 2010
- [Fixed] Most common crasher, relating to key-downs in the column view.
- [Fixed] Issue where progress bars might be blurry under Snow Leopard.
January 31st, 2010
- [Fixed] Issue where bookmarks would have blank names.
- [Fixed] Issue where bookmarks would not persistently save information.
- [Fixed] Issue where "Connect" toolbar button would become unusable.
January 19th, 2010
- [Fixed] Issue with bookmarks on new Flow installs not being preserved properly.
- [Fixed] Issue with bookmarks whose custom ports would not save.
- [Fixed] Issue where new bookmarks would not save passwords.
January 1st, 2010
- [Changed] The bookmarking subsystem has been completely rewritten. Your bookmarks will be updated upon launching 1.2.4 for the first time. This means:
- Bookmark exporting and importing is now possible through the "Bookmarks" menu.
- Droplets have been completely rewritten, too. They're far more stable and beautiful now.
- The "BONJOUR" category is now "SHARED", and is more reliable. It also does neat things like fetch the appropriate icon for the shared Mac.
- [Fixed] Issue where edits would happen externally for a given extension if it was paired with a specific external editor, regardless of if the preference was set to "Edit with Flow".
- [Fixed] Issue where the trial-length description would be truncated inappropriately in the "Registration" preferences of Flow when the ten minute session was active.
- [Changed] Protocol selection and FTP data connection mode pull-down menus are now textured
September 10th, 2009
- [Fixed] Largest known crasher to date related to authentication. Customers encountered it most often when doing external editing.
- [Improved] Flow's lost some weight due to general architecture cleanup.
- [Fixed] Snow Leopard issue where Flow license files with the "XML" file extension would not be recognized.
- [Fixed] The column-view scroll positions are now preserved when reloads occur.
- [Fixed] Crasher when presenting errors.
- [Fixed] Issue with parsing certain MSDOS FTP server directory listings.
- [Fixed] Added the "New Folder" and "New File" menu items back to the remote view contextual menus.
September 2nd, 2009
- [Fixed] Manually specifying a port in the bookmarks view is now properly respected.
- [Fixed] Reloading, permission changes, and directory listing no longer behave awkwardly with certain special-case paths.
- [Fixed] "Edited" status in the editor's tab-bar is now updated regardless of whether or not it is the selected tab.
- [Fixed] Crasher when directly quitting Flow with more than one editor tab open.
- [Fixed] Removed unnecessary directory listing before uploading. We're now leveraging the listings we've already done (thanks to column and hierarchal list view) to kick off uploads right away.
- [Fixed] Hitting escape while editing a cell in column-view now properly ends editing the cell.
- [Fixed] When downloading a file to begin editing, the status now properly indicates "Downloading"
- [Fixed] Issue where filenames that began with multiple spaces would be improperly parsed via FTP and SFTP.
- [Fixed] Issue where a selection within the directory that is being deleted would cause failed assertions in the console.
- [Fixed] QuickLook failed to activate after a previous activation in certain contexts.
- [Fixed] Deleting many files locally caused a hang or crash.
- [Fixed] Downloading many files quickly to a directory that is visible in the local view would cause the user interface to become blocked at times.
- [Fixed] Useless permission changes after downloading files/directories.
- [Fixed] Crasher during transfers where the control FTP connection would time out before the data transfer was finished.
- [Fixed] Hanging when hundreds or thousands of pending transfers are queued.
August 28th, 2009
- [Change] Flow's crash reporter now allows more detailed information to be entered, and optionally includes the user's e-mail address for follow-ups.
- [Change] Like Snow Leopard, Flow now considers a "megabyte" to be 1000 "kilobytes", not 1024.
- Confused? See this and this for more details.
- [Fixed] Crash caused by malformed directory listings.
- [Fixed] The sort being applied by default to both the local and remote view is now like the Finders.
- i.e., "Item2" will come between "Item1" and "Item10".
- [Fixed] The "Advanced Settings" disclosure triangle is now white for better visibility on Snow Leopard.
- [Fixed] Fixed a variety memory leaks.
- [Fixed] Issues with uploading files via WebDAV, iDisk, and S3 when "Set Permissions on Upload" preference is set.
- [Fixed] Duplicating items no longer "loses" a download connection upon changing transfer directions (from download to upload).
- [Fixed] Older toolbar preferences no longer cause the "sidebar width" item to be inappropriately sized.
- [Fixed] Uploading multiple files over WebDAV and MobileMe iDisk now works properly.
- [Fixed] The selection is now removed after a deletion begins.
August 24th, 2009
- [Feature] Column View
- Flow now features a Finder-like Column View for an even better server-browsing experience.
- [Feature] Improved List View
- List View now shows disclosure triangles like the Finder, for quick sub-directory navigation.
- [Feature] Redesigned Toolbar
- The main window's toolbar has been completely redesigned for a cleaner experience. The default toolbar item set is more optimized for common usage scenarios.
- [Feature] Default Local-View Path per Bookmark
- You can now set a default local path to be displayed when you connect to a particular bookmark.
- [Feature] Initial Paths for MobileMe iDisk and Amazon S3
- Initial paths can now be set when connecting and creating bookmarks. This means droplets are now fully compatible with MobileMe iDisk and Amazon S3.
- [Feature / Fix] Snow Leopard Compatibility
- [Fix] Hundreds of others of bug fixes.
February 14th, 2009
- [Fix] The local-view now maintains its alphabetical sort properly.
- [Fix] Fix for FTP where heavily nested directory hierarchies would cause Flow to sit, idle.
- [Fix] Large performance fix for uploading heavily-nested directories.
- [Fix] SFTP, Amazon S3, and iDisk droplets now work properly.
December 29th, 2008
- [New] We now allow browsing of disks other than the startup disk in the local view.
- [Fix] Better local-browsing performance.
- [Fix] Fixed memory leak related to local-browsing.
- [Fix] Fix for excessive CPU-usage while browsing in the LocalView, in certain circumstances.
- [Fix] Fixed an issue where the tooltip of a transfer could be blank.
- [Fix] Fixed an issue with SFTP command-queueing.
- [Fix] Fixed an issue with servers which require login before we can ask for server-features.
- [Fix] Fixes for WebDAV, MobileMe iDisk, and Amazon S3.
- [Fix] Fixed issue where software-update preferences didn't take effect.
- [Fix] When moving "up" a directory hierarchy (i.e., moving from a child directory to its parent), we now maintain the selection the same way the Finder does — that is, we select the child we came from.
October 28th, 2008
- [New] Local Browsing in the Sidebar
- You can now browse your local disk from within the sidebar in Flow, eliminating the need to interface with the Finder for uploads and downloads.
- [New] Custom External Editors
- You can now specify a specific external editor to be used for a particular extension when editing externally. You"ll find this in the preferences, in the "Editing" pane.
- [New] Custom Public Keys for SFTP
- Connect to an SFTP server without specifying a password, and Flow will allow you to select a public key to connect with.
- [New] Public iDisk Support
- Just leave the password blank when connecting to a user"s iDisk!
- [New] You can now QuickLook any file, as long as it's within the 6 MB limit.
- [New] WebDAV and MobileMe iDisk now use digest authentication. (Much more secure than Basic.)
- [New] Massively faster WebDAV and iDisk directory listings and deletions.
- [New] New editor font: Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.
- We highly recommend you try it out — head to Preferences, click the "Editing" tab, click "Select"; next to the current font preview, find "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", and select it.
- [New] Multi-touch Support
- If you have a Mac with a multi-touch trackpad, you can now use swipe-gestures (3 fingers) to navigate around in Flow. Swiping left and right will move you back and forward, respectively. Swiping up and down will navigate to the parent directory, or enter the selected directory, respectively.
- [Fix] Completely re-written error handling system and behavior.
- [Fix] Fix for SFTP with multiple concurrent transfers.
- [Fix] InfoView no longer previews automatically. Hit the spacebar (or the new "Preview Selected File" menu item) while you"ve got a file selected, and it"ll be downloaded and QuickLook"d.
- [Fix] Cleaned up "View" menu with headings.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with horizontal scrolling in remote files view.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with horizontal "wobbling" in Editor text view.
- [Fix] Fixed issue where certain external editors wouldn"t give notification to Flow about saving.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with base URL copying.
- [Fix] The toggle "View" menu items (Show/Hide Sidebar, etc.) now play nicely and accurately reflect the state of the key-window.
- [Fix] Fixed issues with spring-loaded folders.
- [Fix] We now have a visual separator between the "Transfers" bar and the source list.
- [Fix] Fixed issue LivePreviewing locally where Flow would ignore the Base URL, resulting in broken references to relative resources.
- [Fix] Fixed issue where we inappropriately displayed an error when we sent "SIZE" to a server that doesn"t support it.
- [Fix] Fixed crasher when dragging a tab between windows.
- [Fix] Fixed issue where lots of transfers finishing at once would hang Growl.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with uploading empty directories.
- [Fix] Fixed issue that allowed a directory download which was still discovering its contents to preliminarily allow them to be shown.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with deleting irregular bookmarks.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with animating to the add-bookmark view while the Transfers view is visible.
- [Fix] Clicking the reload button in the editor preview saves the scroll position now.
- [Fix] If you try to do the same copy/paste transfer twice, we now properly overwrite the old version of the transfer.
- [Fix] Fixed issues with renaming via SFTP.
- [Fix] For FTP connections you can now specify, on a default and a per-bookmark basis, whether Flow will connect to the server using passive, extended passive, active, or extended active data modes.
- [Fix] For FTP connections, we no longer take inordinate amounts of CPU load when downloading.
- [Fix] We now provide a proper status for when we're checking the existence of an item when uploading to a subdirectory, if appropriate.